Lancashire Challenge Trophy

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Lancashire Challenge Trophy

Postby mike1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 am

Potential very local derby on the cards? Charnock Richard also through to semis after 3-1 win at Padiham. Clitheroe in last four as well 4-0 v Radcliffe Borough.
mike1

Re: Lancashire Challenge Trophy

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Good to see Roscoe get a full game, though he looked very uncomfortable up front, much better in second half when back in midfield. Dale got good game time plus Anson, thought Waqas did very well, Brig certainly made us work for the win and it would have been more difficult if their 9 had not made that dreadful challenge on Urwin which rightly got him the straight red. Hughes looks better with every game as obviously his fitness and sharpness improve, on now to the Semi Final at Leyland. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Agree with most of your points PS especially on Hughes -must start every game if fit. No one apart from Anson gave any indication they should get in the usual 11 -both Chally and Blakes have nothing to fear if they keep producing (and probably if they don't); Roscoe up front does not work and Black is OK.
Brig worked hard, were "well organised" and perhaps unlucky not to get to penalties but overall we were better if not by much.
Paul Brennan

Postby Tempie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Paul Brennan wrote:Agree with most of your points PS especially on Hughes -must start every game if fit. No one apart from Anson gave any indication they should get in the usual 11 -both Chally and Blakes have nothing to fear if they keep producing (and probably if they don't); Roscoe up front does not work and Black is OK.
Brig worked hard, were "well organised" and perhaps unlucky not to get to penalties but overall we were better if not by much.

Agree with most of that- beesley, Jarvis, charnock, showed absolutely nothing to suggest they should be at the club taking a spot on the bench that could be occupied by younger developing players. Harsh but fair IMO. Let’s look forwards not backward.

You can add black and roscoe to that list too because we don’t need jake, josh o Keefe, dale, roscoe, and black who are all essentially the same type of players.

I thought we made brig look good, especially considering they only had 10 men. Urwin made the better saves, can’t remember Rigby having a save to make really.

Time to focus on some of the younger players not those that have had their day.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Tempie wrote:
Paul Brennan wrote:Agree with most of your points PS especially on Hughes -must start every game if fit. No one apart from Anson gave any indication they should get in the usual 11 -both Chally and Blakes have nothing to fear if they keep producing (and probably if they don't); Roscoe up front does not work and Black is OK.

Agree with most of that- beesley, Jarvis, charnock, showed absolutely nothing to suggest they should be at the club taking a spot on the bench that could be occupied by younger developing players. Harsh but fair IMO. Let’s look forwards not backward.

You can add black and roscoe to that list too because we don’t need jake, josh o Keefe, dale, roscoe, and black who are all essentially the same type of players.

I thought we made brig look good, especially considering they only had 10 men. Urwin made the better saves, can’t remember Rigby having a save to make really.

Time to focus on some of the younger players not those that have had their day.

Hear Hear! What is the point of having Jordan Darr warming the bench, surely he should be starting games like that, in the event he didn't even get 10 minutes,. What sort of a signal does that send out to younger players?
andrewa

Postby chewy380 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Just like the Colne game I saw the team & decided not to go. If the U21s aren't playing in this comp they won't be playing at all.
chewy380

Postby Dec53 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm

match report on lancashire post web site .
Dec53

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Draw live on Lancashire FA's Facebook page tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby mike1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:Draw live on Lancashire FA's Facebook page tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm

Chorley v Lancaster City, 25th February County Ground. Clitheroe v Charnock Richard 18th February.
mike1

Postby JP » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 pm

28th February according to facebook?
JP
MIS Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Postby Ed » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 pm

chewy380 wrote:Just like the Colne game I saw the team & decided not to go. If the U21s aren't playing in this comp they won't be playing at all.

Just watching young Arsenal side thrashing European opponents 6-0 (so far). Good enough/old enough etc.

Chorley U21s
First team next season likely ... at FC United, perhaps?
Ed

Postby andrewa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:34 am

Ed wrote:
chewy380 wrote:Just like the Colne game I saw the team & decided not to go. If the U21s aren't playing in this comp they won't be playing at all.

Just watching young Arsenal side thrashing European opponents 6-0 (so far). Good enough/old enough etc.

Chorley U21s
First team next season likely ... at FC United, perhaps?

Didn't want to appear too negative, hence no post before, but those sre my thoughts exactly Ed. There doesn't seem to be any commitment to youth and we've let a really good coach go, who was unearthing all sorts of talent, who have been given no chance in the first team. The Lancashire Trophy could have been the perfect competition to give the young players a run out. Everton the other night put out what was virtually a youth team, all this stuff about "experiencing mans football" is starting to look like a smokescreen where the real fact is, younger players are not required, go and play somewhere else.
Just watch the FCUM youth start to fly now they have a decent coach.
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Andrew, I don't think it is a case of "letting a good coach go", Dave Chadwick is FC Utd through and through, former captain etc, he himself tweeted he was "going home", so he clearly wanted to go there. I do agree, however, that we must keep hold of the young talent and get them into the squad, this too young business really doesn't hold water, Dale Whitham was 17 when GF brought him to Chorley and he played from day one, if they are good enough they are old enough. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

This has all been said before- the truth is it’s complete waste of time whilst Matt Jansen is in charge. You can have as many fans forums as you want, where everyone will be lied too, he invite a few of the development squad to training in an atempt to pacify people but the cold hard facts are he doesn’t trust young players. He’d rather play adam roscoe upfront than start darr. Actions speak louder than words.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:56 pm

The thing is though Tempie, if he doesn't trust youth then why do we have a youth development system?
Why not spend the money elsewhere. Why do the club not come out and admit the youth system is not working? Surely it only exists a) to develop players for the first team and b) to benefit the club economy and c) to fulfil a community commitment. At the moment as the saying goes, they are "neither fishing nor mending nets".
Last edited by andrewa on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:10 pm

I agree entirely Andrew, there are 101 things around the ground that the money could be spent on. But all I can think is it a necessity for the grander scheme. Such as does it tick boxes in terms of being a community club and therefore beneficial to the council?

Other than that I’ve no idea but let’s face facts Louis Myers was the best player in that development squad by a mile, he went on loan twice, scored goals and still didn’t get a chance! So the current crop, be it the ones out on loan or the ones still here have no hope!!

Look at the 1st team defence now, we’ve played 5 at the back for 18months which I’ve hated! I said at the time that we only adopted that formation because we had Leather ( best defender), Jordan (star signing) and Teague (club captain) had to play. Funnily enough after 18 months we decided to go back to 4 at the back starting at Stockport away! One of the most difficult away games of the season. Is it just me that thinks it’s funny that it coincides with Jordan having a long term injury and he doesn’t want to play Adam Anson?! Because he’s under 25 and hasn’t had enough football league appearances. Right decision, wrong reasons and done at the wrong time IMO.

Being realistic the vast majority of the development squad aren’t good enough but there are some that are more than capable of making an impact off the bench.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Lets face it, the U21s were/are never good enough I don't think for this league. Watching the U21's in the past they're a good technical bunch of players, a bit like Haughton, but I wouldn't want to put them in the 1st team starting X1 for a game against, Alfreton say (who are a big robust side this season).

The player turnover in this league are ex-U21/23 players who have played higher up in the pyramid who drop down to start again at clubs like ours.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC